What is the ideal blog post frequency for your business website? Once per day? Once per week? Once per month?
The ideal blog post frequency will depend on your company’s growth goals, as well as the amount of time and resources you are willing to devote to content marketing.
This article will explain why you should publish new content on your company blog consistently and show you how to choose a posting frequency that is right for your business.
Benefits of Publishing Consistently
Think about it: would you buy the Wall Street Journal every day if the articles were always the same?
Of course not.
The same rule applies to your company blog. You need to frequently update your blog content to keep your visitors interested.
Publishing fresh content consistently will help you:
- Increase traffic. Each new blog post is a way for potential customers to discover you and a reason for old customers to come back. Whether they find you through Google, or by spotting your new blog post on Twitter, more content means more visitors!
- Build trust. Regularly publishing relevant, high-quality content on your company blog helps you build trust with your audience. It shows potential customers you are an expert in your niche, which makes them more likely to trust you with their money.
- Improve SEO. Google rewards websites that consistently publish fresh, high-quality content. You will rank higher in search engine results if the content on your company blog is updated regularly.
The Ideal Blog Post Frequency for Your Business Website
The ideal blog post frequency for your business is going to depend on your growth goals.
Here are a few basic rules you can follow:
- Aggressive growth: post multiple times per day to drive the most traffic
- Steady growth: post at least once per day
- Slower growth: post at least 2-3 times per week
- Very slow growth: in most cases, posting less frequently than 2-3 days per week will not be appropriate for a business website
Keep in mind that there is a difference between posting content, and posting relevant, high-quality content.
If you do not have the time or resources to share truly valuable content with your audience multiple times per day, start smaller and work your way up.
Or, get in touch with us, and let us handle all your content needs!
How HandmadeSEO Can Help
Here at Handmade SEO, we don’t just grow traffic.
We create and execute a content strategy that lets you consistently share valuable, high-quality content with your audience in order to grow traffic, build trust and win more business than ever before.
Want to see how we can work together?